Posted by & filed under gas leak, Heating Installation.

Electrical appliances always have some small degree of danger, whether it’s primarily through electrocution or fire. But devices are becoming safer and safer, and turning to professional repair technicians rather than trying a DIY fix helps keep them in good condition. Heaters still top the list as one of the appliances most likely to cause danger, and here’s why:

All heaters can cause a fire, especially space heaters.

Because the appliances are putting out heat and aren’t very visible, they can start a serious fire faster than visible appliances like an oven. But electric central heating systems in Bulverde TX are safe, especially if you keep a good margin of empty space around them. Furnaces are slightly more dangerous because they run on combustible gas and always have a flame while in use. But it’s space heaters that are the most problematic at all. Sometimes their heat output can be greater than their materials can protect against, and, because they’re portable, it’s much easier to accidentally place it too close to something flammable or combustible.

Furnaces can have carbon monoxide leaks.

Carbon monoxide is a tasteless, odorless gas that’s very hard to see. It fills part of your furnace to heat the air blown over it, and, if there’s a crack or worn patch in your furnace, the carbon monoxide can start to leak out. There are only two ways to catch a leak, and you need to use both methods: one, make sure your smoke detector can also detect carbon monoxide or buy a separate device that constantly monitors your home’s air; two, regularly get your furnace inspected by a technician, who can check for cracks, leaks, and other general damage. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Barrett & Sons today.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.