Posted by & filed under Air Conditioning Installation.

Just as air conditioning systems are complex, the process of choosing a new AC unit should be viewed as more than just a simple decision. There is more that goes into AC installation than just picking out a new unit, and it’s important to consider all aspects of replacing your current system. Here are three important things you need to know about air conditioning installation.

There are many types of air conditioners

There are many types of air conditioners to choose from, depending on the needs you have. It’s important to note that the type of air conditioner you choose could influence price and installation costs, depending on the complexity of the system.

The size of your house matters

The last thing you want is to have a new air conditioner installed, only for it to not be the right fit for your home. It’s important to remember that there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ solution for air conditioning. If your air conditioner isn’t strong enough, your home may never reach a comfortable temperature. Likewise, if your air conditioner is larger than your home needs, you may spend more on utilities than you need to. When choosing a new air conditioning system, it’s important to take into consideration the size of your home.

Get a good contractor

Before you make the final decision, you should ensure the contractor you hire has a solid reputation. Look for reviews online and ask for a list of past clients you can contact as references. The effects of a new air conditioner can quickly be diminished if the contractor does not install the system properly.

We’re air conditioning professionals in Schertz, TX – we encourage you to give us a call!

11 Responses to “Three Points about Air Conditioning Installation to Know Today”

1. Gary Puntman

I recently learned that the size of your house will determine what type of air conditioning you get, like you said. It sounds like I’ll have to have someone come see how big my house is and tell me what size will work best for me. I need something that will be big enough to reach my whole house, like you said.

2. James Lee Tucker

It’s good that you talked about the importance of hiring a reputable contractor when installing an air conditioner. We’re planning to get a new air conditioner for our new house. As I want to ensure that the unit will be installed properly, I’ll go online tonight and search for an HVAC contractor with a good reputation. I also heard that it’s good to have air conditioner concrete pads installed.

3. Joy Butler

I really appreciate you helping me learn more about HVAC installation and replacement. We’re not well versed with HVAC, so every time we notice that there’s a poor air flow, we will just check if there’s any object that blocking the air passing in each unit since we have at total of 3 units. We are still observing if we just need to make a repair or install a new type of conditioner for a change.

4. Taylor Bishop

Thanks for this advice for installing an air conditioning unit. It’s good to know that you should get a system that reflects your home so it can reach a comfortable temperature. Perhaps it could be good to get the exact measurements of a home so you can reference it when looking for an AC system.

5. Ken Hwan

I never knew that there was a “one size fits all” for an air conditioning unit, especially if you have a really big house. My wife and I recently moved into a bigger house for our family and I am considering replacing the small air conditioning unit that the house came with. After reading your article, I am glad that my decision to replace my furnace is a smart one!

6. Camille Devaux

I really liked what you said about getting a good contractor to look at your air conditioning. This is a great way to make sure that a licensed professional is helping you. My sister would like knowing this since she mentioned an air conditioning installation.

7. Lilia Robberts

I’m moving to a home in Texas. One problem we have is that it doesn’t have a cooling system. Thank you for letting me know that when we look for a contractor to help us install AC that we could ensure that the contractor has a solid reputation. I also found it useful to know that the type of AC we choose will depend on the size of our house.

8. Frank Delaware

My wife noticed that our AC was starting to give out, and we were curious about how you would find the right unit to replace it. I really like that you say to look at the size of your house and make sure that it will fit for the size. Since I like to have my house really cold, we will have to look for something that is low energy, but efficient as well.

9. Amy Winters

Thanks for suggesting that we can check for online reviews to make sure we hire a quality contractor. My husband and I need to have a new air conditioning unit installed, and I’ve discovered the process of choosing a contractor can be overwhelming. I sometimes forget about all the information that’s available online, so thanks for the reminder!

10. Gary Puntman

I agree that you need to choose the right air conditioning based on the size of your house. You should remember that one size doesn’t fit all homes, like you said. I’ll have to have a professional come evaluate my house and see which size I’ll need so that I prevent any issues.